They are special pieces; many of them are just limited edition for collectors and luxury lovers with huge amounts to spend. The question is why are these watches so expensive? Well, I am not a chrono-expert but I would guess that some are expensive because they are put together & designed with very expensive materials. Others have a high price just for backing the time it took to finish the clock or the complexity of its skeleton and machinery. Some of these watches date back to the seventeenth century while some of them are way more modern – this begs the question of whether it is worth it to pay the displayed amount or to spend the same amount in other causes (let’s say charity!!).
1. Patek Phillipe Henry Graves Supercomplication | Price: $11 million.
2. Patek Philippe Caliber 89 Pocket Watch | Price: $6 million.
3. Patek Philippe 1943 Watch Ref. 1527 | Price: $5.5 million.
4. Breguet & Fils, Paris, No. 2667 Precision | Price: $4.7 million.
5. Louis Moinet “Meteoris” | Price: $4.6 million.
6. Patek Philippe 1939 Platinum World Time | Price: $4 million.
7. Blancpain Le Brassus Tourbillon Carrousel | Price: $3.85 Million.
8. Patek Philippe 1895/1927 Yellow Gold Minute Repeating | Price: $3 Million.
9. Patek Philippe 1953 Heures Universelles Model 2523 | Price: $2.9 million.
10. Franck Muller Aeternitas Mega 4 | Price: $2.7 Million.
11. A. Lange & Sohne’s Grand Complication | Price: $2.6 Million.
12. Jaeger LeCoultre Hybris Mechanica Grande Sonnerie | Price: $2.5 Million.
13. Roger Dubuis Excalibur Quatuor Silicon | Price: $1.1 million.
14. Richard Mille RM 031 High | Price: $1.05 million.
15. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Grande Complication | Price: $742,900.
16. Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 5 | Price: $655,200.
17. Greubel Forsey Double Tourbillon 30° Technique | Price: $620,000.
18. Hublot MP-05 LaFerrari | Price: $345,000.
19. Montblanc Villeret 1858 ExoTourbillon Chronographe | Price: $264,500.
20. Chopard L.U.C Tourbillon Qualité Fleurier Fairmined | Price: $144,570.
Bonus submission for our lazy followers:
Original Penguin Men’s OP 3022 GD Johnny Goldtone Stainless Steel Watch | Price: $175.00.