The so-called ‘soup of the gods’ dates back many years and with the passage of time, it has reached an outstanding complexity in its production. If you want to know which are the most expensive wines in the world, here we tell you. Let’s see if you dare to try any of this list. Wine is considered the finest food and some of them fetch exorbitant prices, but not by what you think. The price of a wine is not always related to its complexity, balance and the quality of the liquid, but rather to the supply and demand it has.
Which are world’s most expensive wines?
For example, expert reviews play a very important role in determining which are the most expensive wines. And if these, in addition, are produced in small quantities, the price will rise even more. Before moving on to the topic, let’s see what the winemaking process is like.
How is a wine made?
We all know that this drink is obtained from grapes, but that is where we stay.
- Harvest: it is when the grapes are harvested. Its collection occurs when it reaches maturity to extract a quality wine.
- Destemming: is the process by which the grapes are separated from the bunch.
- Crushed: the grape grains are passed through a crushing machine. The objective is to break the skin of the grape to extract the must from its interior, facilitating the maceration process.
- Maceration: this process allows fermentation and achieves the desired color and consistency.
- Alcoholic fermentation: process in which the grapes are transformed into ethyl alcohol and acquire the flavor. It is known as discover.
- Pressing: after uncovering, the product is subjected to a process to extract all the liquid, obtaining press wine, which is not mixed with uncovered wine.
- Malolactic fermentation: the wine obtained is subjected to another fermentation process. Through it, malic acid is converted to lactic acid. This reduces the acid character of the wine and makes it more pleasant to drink.
- Aging: the wine is placed in oak barrels for aging, modifying the character of the wine and developing its characteristics.
- Racking: here the wine is changed several times of container; the goal is to remove solid sediment and aerate it.
- Clarification: organic substances are used that carry the impurities of the wine to the bottom of the barrel to eliminate them.
- Bottling: it is a second aging period. Aging in the bottle helps the wine to stabilize and find a point of balance in flavors and smells
Now that you know what goes into making a wine, you surely understand why it fetches high prices. Many wine-loving people don’t skimp when it comes to tasting this drink. They even pay millions of dollars to pamper their palate. If you want to know how much they cost and which are the most expensive wines in the world, here is the list.
Cabernet Sauvignon S. Eagle
Sold for 500 thousand dollars
Its cost is 340 thousand euros / 398 thousand dollars.
It costs 275 thousand dollars
Sold in Geneva for 224 thousand 598 euros / 263 thousand 100 dollars.
Reaches a price of 168 thousand dollars. All of them reached their maximum price in auctions carried out by different houses or by well-known personalities. Would you be willing to pay this money to taste these wines? If you want to know some more accessible, here we leave you other lists.