I suppose you know how the song goes:
When darkness falls
All of the stars will see
Just me and my guitar…
Tom Dice sings about his poor guitar, on the other hand we will concentrate on the most expensive ones. “A guitar is like a good woman, touch her in the right place in the right way and she will move you in ways you never dreamed about” but it is also a piece of every singer’s soul, this piece can start from 100$ and can end up to $2.7 million – the reason behind the high prices is the combination of the quality of the guitar and the singer who owned it (usually the latter). Enjoy fellow guitarists!
1. Reach out to Asia Fender Stratocaster | Price: $2.7 million.
2. Jimi Hendrix’s 1968 Stratocaster | Price: $2m.
3. Bob Marley’s Custom made Washburn 22 series Hawk | Price: $2m.
4. “Blackie” – Eric Clapton’s Stratocaster hybrid | Price: $959,500.
5. Eric Clapton’s 1964 Gibson ES0335 TDC | Price: $847,500.
6. Eric Clapton’s CF Martin & Co, circa 1939 | Price: $791,500.
7. “Lenny” – Stevie Ray Vaughan’s 1965 Fender Composite Stratocaster | Price: $623,500.
8. George Harrison and John Lennon’s 1964 Gibson SG | Price: $570,000.
9. Eric Clapton’s Gold Leaf Stratocaster | Price: $455,550.
10. 1949 Fender Broadcaster prototype | Price: $375,000.