Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages.”
― Louis Pasteur ―
As a lazy penguin I will have to agree with Louis but I cannot accept for them to be so expensive – that means that I will never get the chance of a getting a sip of them.
They say that the prices are a result of the quality, the provenance and are only to be offered to the eccentric millionaires who wish to purchase a bottle from below. Most of the expensive wines are French but there are some international players like Australia fighting for a place. If you are a red wine lover yourself, enjoy!
1. Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon 1992 | Price: $500,000.
2. Chateau Margaux 1787 | Price: $225,000.
3. Chateau Lafite 1787 | Price: $160,000.
4. Penfolds Grange Hermitage 1951 | Price: $38,420.
5. Cheval Blanc 1947 | Price: $33,781.
6. Inglenook Cabernet Sauvignon 1941 | Price: $24,675.
7. Chateau Mouton-Rothschild 1945 | Price: $23,000.
8. Domaine de la Romanee-Conti 1990 | Price: $20,975.
9. Chateau Lafite 1865 | Price: $4,650.
10. Chateau Margaux 2009 Balthazar | Price: $4,062.