Dogs commonly have the aggravation of dealing with fatty tumors or lipomas. A vet visit is required to ensure these are not actually a malignant mass. Generally, these will be soft skin benign tumors comprising matured fat cells seen in overweight or senior pups. But you can’t determine what any bump or lump is unless there is a sample taken of it. Merely touching over it or examining it is not enough. It needs to be aspirated with a fine needle by the medical provider for a proper determination.
Natural Treatment Of Fatty Tumors
The more time that passes or as age progresses, there is less opportunity for treating the growth. Tumors shrink more rapidly in younger dogs when they’re caught early.
When you notice these, immediate holistic care should be implemented, including exercise, a natural whole diet plan, supplements, and potentially CBD oil for tumor shrinkage. . These measures in combination offer a good chance for a decrease in the size of the growth.
- Organic Whole Diet Plan: Along with the vet’s recommendations, the canine’s diet plan should be altered to a more natural, wholesome choice. This can be homemade foods, grain-free, including animal proteins like turkey, chicken, salmon as the primary component.
- Daily Addition Of Supplements: Adding supplements to pup’s regimen helps with his overall wellness and contributes to the likelihood of shrinkage of the growth. Some of these include:
- Coconut oil/Turmeric: Abnormal cell growth can be controlled to an extent with turmeric powder due to its anti-inflammatory properties. That is also a property of coconut oil, which enhances turmeric absorption.
- Cottage Cheese/Flaxseed Oil: This is often used to help those dogs and humans dealing with cancers. It’s referred to as “Budwig Diet.” There have been instances it has been used as a way to decrease the size of lipomas for pups.
- Essential Oils: Frankincense essential oil and Grapefruit blend not only have anti-inflammatory properties but are anti-oxidative as well. The recommendation is to blend Frankincense and Grapefruit at a ratio of 3 drops to 2 drops along with one tablespoon of coconut oil, massaging it gently into the lipoma two times each day.
**For tumors that are open or seeping, please don’t use these oils because it will cause pain for the dog.
Cannabidiol or CBD oil is an option people are beginning to turn to for their dogs suffering from cancer. Anecdotally, the substance notes to be successful for some cases in shrinking fatty tumors. The oil is rich in fatty acids Omega 3 and 6 with high anti-inflammatory properties. See this to learn CBD’s benefits for pets suffering with cancer.
The compound might potentially be helpful in symptoms associated with cancer, depending on the type. Still, it’s not a cure, nor should it be considered a replacement for the care plan that the pup’s vet may find necessary to eradicate a malignant disease. However, some people do opt to use it as such in a ‘palliative’ nature to maintain a better quality for puppy’s end of life.
If you notice a bump or lump under your canine’s skin, it’s vital to visit the dog’s regular vet for an examination to determine whether there is malignancy. It would help if you never made the assumption by looking at or touching these areas. Some cancerous masses mimic lipomas in appearance like mast cell tumors. The only way to accurately diagnose is to biopsy or aspirate.
Lipomas pose no threat to puppies, nor are they dangerous. Typically, surgery is not suggested because the claim is it can possibly lead to more of these popping up later.
The ideal method for dealing with lipomas at the first indication with your dog is with a holistic approach, including exercise, healthy eating, supplements, and the addition of CBD products. You can view the wide variety of options manufactured explicitly for dogs at https://petcbdcommunity.com/cbd-oil-for-dogs-treats/ It’s essential to always massage over your dog’s body each day to ensure there are no lumps or bumps that weren’t there the day before.
The earlier cancer of any kind is caught the better chance for successful treatment. Make sure to check your dog every day, beginning at a young age. Cancer is not prejudiced concerning its victims, young, old, doesn’t matter. If you pay attention as a pet parent, you can potentially save your canine from what is a nasty disease.