Quill tattoos, due to their enigmatic beauty, are highly demanded by those who admire the figurative body arts, heritage and traditions of Native American tribes. These designs endow their wearer with deep symbolic significance, as both men and women choose them to represent their beliefs and cultural heritage, as well as to show some aspect of their spiritual nature.
Symbolism of the Quill
Early Christianity conceived of feathers as symbols of virtue, being mentioned very frequently in the Holy Scriptures. For example, the fourth verse of Psalm 91 reads as follows: “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will take refuge; shield and shield is his truth.”
The feather was also symbolic in ancient Christianity, and was believed to be a symbol of virtue, mentioned many times in the Bible. The fourth verse of Psalm 91, for example: “He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will take refuge; Shield and buckler is his truth.”
It also highlights the symbolism with which they were endowed by the Celts, whose druids were dressed in feather robes when officiating at ceremonial events. The Egyptians firmly believed in their connection with the world of the heavenly gods. Many other cultures and religions attributed a special spiritual or symbolic meaning to them.
The Best Quill Tattoo Designs
Some cultures consider that when a feather falls on your path, it is a sign that someone close to you who has just passed into the afterlife is trying to communicate with you. Therefore, feather tattoos allow us to always be in contact with loved ones who are no longer with us.
There is a wide variety of different designs and meanings, so you have a wide variety of options to think about.
– Color: A white feather can also represent innocence, while the red one symbolizes passion and love, while the yellow and orange ones usually represent intelligence.
– Quantity: The pen is not only represented alone; It is common to find a group of these in tattoo designs, and sometimes even an entire wing is drawn. Depending on the wearer, the meaning of the number of the feathers can be different.
– Type: The most common feathers for tattoos are eagle, peacock, heron, ostrich, swallow and turkey. Above we have included a table with the meanings that are associated with these species, but this will also vary depending on the person who wears it. It is worth noting the popularity of angel feathers, identified with supernatural powers.
– Beauty: Some people may choose this tattoo not so much for its symbolic meaning, but for its aesthetic value, for presenting great beauty and harmony in their styles.
– Dream: In the oneiric dimension, that is, the one related to the world of dreams, they are of great importance. White feathers are believed to symbolize a new pure spiritual beginning. Depending on the type of feather that appears in your dreams, they symbolize different important thoughts, goals, or ideals in your life path.