And the newly-wed groom said, “It’s an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to and accept you for what you are. I’ve been waiting, for what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. With her I feel like I can finally begin. So I’d like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride. No measure of time with you will be long enough. But let’s start with forever!”
image source: here
Wedding is a ceremony in which two people are unified. It’s a bond of love, trust, affiliation, tolerance and persistence. Weddings bring everyone together, may it be family, friends or people you’ve not met for a very long time. Bride and groom are looking forward to some great wedding presents when it’s about family, close friends and especially bridesmaids and groomsmen. It can be really difficult to decide what’s best for the couple because you don’t want to load them with a present that’s of no use to them. It’s their big day, and you owe them something out of this world, something they’ll always remember, something that reminds them of you and their wedding. There’s no hard and fast rule to buy expensive items or the low-priced ones, because at the end of the day it’s the thought that counts.
Wedding Gift Guidelines
Buying a wedding present is a demanding job and there are things you need to make sure of, before the event actually takes place. Here are some of the general guidelines that may help you buy the right present.
What Kind of Wedding it is?
Not all weddings are same, some are extravagant, some are thrifty and some are moderate. If you’re a person who does not ignore the overall theme of the occasion, then it’s important for you to know such things. If the wedding is extravagant, naturally the wedding present should match the theme. However, if it’s a moderate affair, then there’s no harm presenting something that is not so expensive.
The kind of wedding for sure is important but so is your relation with the couple. If it’s anything purely business or an acquaintance, then buy something that is not too thunderous but something that suits their image and your informal relationship with them. If you think they like to read when they’re free, buy them their favorite author or any old, famous book. If they like some sport then why not buy something related to that? You just have to be aware of the general personality of that person. When it’s about your immediate family or friends, you’ve never ending options. And if you’re anyone from the bridesmaids or the groomsmen, your responsibility slightly increases. They picked you because you’re close to them; hence you always know the list of things they like and the ones they would literally never look at. So, getting the right present can either be very challenging or effortless.
Great Wedding Gift Ideas
Here is the list of possible gifts you can give to a newly-wed couple. If the couple has not yet bought everything for their new house, then certainly there’s a lot they’ll need for the set up. Make sure whatever you gift them accompanies a bouquet of flowers from Roses Only, who does not only cater to flower arrangements of weddings but also provide flowers and tips for birthday celebrations, baby showers, anniversaries, engagements and so on. Here are some great wedding gift ideas:
- Buy them a beautiful rug piece that matches the paint or the furniture. The trend of rugs has now changed and some real classic designs are available in the market. You’ve plenty of color themes to go for.
- How about crockery? Crockery is the most important thing you need when you shift to a new house and buying them some pretty dinner set can be pleasing.
- Lamps and spotlights is another great option. You don’t need a lot of dollars for lights rather you just have to pick the one that matches with the paint, if there’s any.
- Crystal pieces are elegant and add beauty to your home. If you’ve ever bought one for your own then you do know that cheap and some real posh crystal pieces are available and buying them for the newly-wed couple is one fine idea.
Apart from the new house, following are more options:
- Women love handbags, makeup kits and accessories. You can buy them individually or how about a branded bag with her favorite cosmetics and silver earrings inside? The bride will love it more than anything as it’s a perfect feminine package.
- If money is not an issue, you can reserve a short yacht ride for the couple. This is an expensive present but it always works.
- If you’re buying something on behalf of the whole group, then booking a honeymoon resort is an excellent option.
- Other options include a branded jacket, velvet quilt, stilettos for the bride, floor cushions, bracelet made with real flowers, famous painting, and son on.
The listing you’ve just read is a basic list of gifts that you can buy but something like personalized gifts are always more unique and special, and make you feel like it was just made for you. Some of the best options that you have when you’re planning for a personalized wedding present are:
- A wrist watch with their name engraved at the back.
- Coffee mugs with their pictures printed can be appealing.
- A photo frame with a photo collage always brings back memories of past.
- Wallet with the names or a short message imprinted on it.
- A video tape with all the high school events is something I have always admired.
- A custom made terrace curtain or wallpaper is a nice option as well and is not so expensive either.
The list goes on and on. If you want to make the couple feel out of the ordinary and you want them to cherish your gift for the rest of their life, personalized gifts is what you need to buy!
Wedding Gift Tips
I hope buying a wedding present is not the same old crisis now and my list of options was of some help. Hold on to the fact that the gift should mean something to the couple, they should feel how much you care and how equally excited you’re about their wedding. Situations where the couple has already mentioned the list of presents they’d like to receive, it’s wise to pick the one that nobody else has chosen so far. Another thing you can do is ask them a couple of days before the wedding, if they desperately want something, without making your intentions obvious in front of them. You can surprise them at the wedding day and make their day even bigger! Buying a gemstone brooch for the bride, just for her wedding dress is also what she’ll never forget. So, you see the options are unlimited; you only have to focus on the kind of wedding, the relationship with the couple, their personality and of course your budget. If you do this, your gift at the wedding day will unquestionably outshine the rest.